There have been a lot of “chaos” in the US lately about transgender people using the bathroom of the gender that they identify with. So if the transgender person identifies as a woman but was born with a penis, then she is supposed to be using the Men’s restroom at establishments because people associate having a penis with being a man. At least, that’s how people want and believe it should be. This all started when Target would allow transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender that they identify with. The retailer said:
“We welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity. Everyone deserves to feel like they belong. And you’ll always be accepted, respected and welcomed at Target.”
This has started a wave of people “boycotting” Target because this “poses a danger to wives and daughters” because “a man can simply say he ‘feels like a woman today’ and enter the women’s restroom.” Take a moment to take that sentence all in. When you are ready to begin, just read the next paragraph.
Welcome back! Now, here is a breakdown of everything that is wrong with that statement:
- That statement is very stereotypical and sexist. You are saying that women, no matter what age, can’t take care of themselves. I know a handful of women that could take on a male attacker and win.
- If a man wants to enter the women’s restroom, he’s going to just walk in because….men do it all the time by mistake. No one stops them because it’s rather funny. They really don’t need to say “Man, I feel like a women.”
- If a guy did walk in like that, then he probably would have been caught because of the length of detail he put into how he looked. If you truly feel like you were born in the wrong body, then you would commit fully to it for more than one day/night. You wouldn’t necessarily look like a man in a skirt with 5 o’clock shadow. You would be it all the time because you would truly be happy.
- No one is going to “pose a danger” in the middle a store/restaurant/public area. There is too many people around for one. If they are going to “pose a danger” it would be a Walmart late at night (like 2 am or 3am) because they are open 24 hours a day. If you’re shopping that late, especially with your daughter, then you need to look at your life and the decision you mad. That one is a stupid one. She should be sleeping if she can’t go into the bathroom alone.
- What about a woman saying she “‘feels like a man today’ and enters the men’s restroom and ‘poses a danger to sons and husbands’?” Are you trying to say that women can’t take advantage of boys or husbands in the men’s restroom? Again, you’re being sexist
- What does any of this have to really do with being transgender now?
Now that we broke everything down, here is the real reason people are having a fit. This is where I get a little blunt with my words.
Just admit that you are being prejudice because you don’t understand and you don’t want to. If you were transgender, wouldn’t you want to be who you truly are? What the hell does it matter? Have a problem with a transgender person using the same restroom as you? You have legs, walk out that restroom. You can hold it if it badly offends you for them to us the same restroom as you. Besides, how do can you really tell the difference? It’s like trying to tell the difference between a straight person and a gay person, you can’t. People, we are looking like an ignorant country full of assholes. It’s getting so bad that the UK has issues travel warning for people in the LGBT community. Don’t believe me? Here’s the link for the article.
Now I’m fully for freedom of expression and opinions as much as the next American as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone. Well, now it’s start to hurt people, and force them to not be who they are. So instead of being an ignorant asshole who doesn’t want to pee/poop/or any other bodily function next to a gay, lesbian, or transgender person because “they pose a threat,” get to know them and judge them on their character and not on whether they have penis, vagina, or if they like/love people of the same gender. Just because they do something different than you, doesn’t make them wrong. They are a person just like you. Grow up and get over it.
Also, whats the big deal with men and women sharing a bathroom? Like I said up there, if it’s that big of a deal-hold it or don’t use the restoom.Saying that you would get violated in there is like being afraid of driving a car because you could get into a wreck (editor note: Not trying to compare sexual assault like that. Its just a metaphor). You are only using the restroom for a short period of time. It will be awkward at first but they will probably make it less awkward eventually.
Gentials no longer define gender.
Feel free to comment your opinion on this. If it get’s bad, I’ll delete them. Just be respectful 🙂