It’s time for new music from 5SOS and boy, are they really killing with their music lately. In honor of fans having to ability to pre-order their new album “Sounds Good Feels Good”, the Australian foursome released “Fly Away.”
The song is pretty much one of the best songs they have done and is pop punk at it’s finest. It’s up there with the greatness that was their last single “She’s Kinda Hot.” It’s kind reminds me of the pop punk wave that took over the early to mid 2000s with like Good Charlotte and Fall Out Boy.
The song is about wanting to escape to their dream place. It’s very very catchy song. 5SOS lyrics are pretty much on fleek for being catchy af.
I really recommend listening to the song an pre-ordering the album because it seems like their new album is going be pretty spectacular. Overall, the song is great and the album is going to be amazing.”Sounds Good Feel Good” will be dropping October 23.
<iframe src=”https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:63zRWSMY1gZM6o5nTek685″ frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”true” width=”652″ height=”80″>
Rating: 5 Seconds out of 5
The Australian band recently released their newest single entitled “She’s Kinda Hot.” The song is actually rather amazing. It’s definitely not like their previous singles from their self-titled debut album.
The song is starts off rather nice guitar riff before getting into the lyrics. Now the lyrics are rather simple but yet are rather deep (not to mention that it says the word bitchin’ in it!). It’s really talking about how you will be fine if you have dreams that no one really understands, something the band themselves have probably gone through.
The song is more punk pop oriented. This definitely fit them more. While their previous singles were rock, they were a tad bit mainstream, by which I mean power pop, and somewhat didn’t feel like them.
Overall, the singles is something that is catchy and will make your rock out. Here’s the single for your listening pleasure:
Rating: 5 seconds out of 5
I know what you may be thinking – “Steven, isn’t this like 5 seconds to late?” Well, better late than never. Just like every other musical act in this day and ages, 5 Seconds of Summer follows the trend of being found on YouTube. The Australian band released their self-titled debut album in the summer of 2014 and since then have taken the world by storm that smells like teen spirit! And since they are my favorite combination, Australian and Pop Rock, I thought I would write a review on their album. So here’s our review of their first album: 5 Seconds of Summer.
Their album remind me of the days of Good Charlotte and angst pop rock music, which is fine by me! (Pop Fact: Joel and Benji of Good Charlotte wrote a song on their album). The album features a lot of very well written music and a lot of variety of songs. They wrote the majority of the songs on their album, which really says a lot about how good they are. Their slower songs showcases their vocals while the faster songs showcases their play ability because they play their own instruments. They even play their own instruments while they sing too! All of the songs are extremely and I’ll be honest, I wanted more songs on the album and I even listened to the deluxe version. So I found more songs that are exclusives to different countries and stores and let me tell you: they are extremely good songs. The stand out song for me was “Tomorrow Never Dies” out of the extra songs. It was absolutely perfect and I just listened to it on repeat. “Amnesia” is probably my favorite off of the real album. It just good to the ears.
What didn’t work?: Well, Nothing really. The album is amazing. It’s like one of my favorite albums of 2014…even if I reviewed it in 2015. I liked it so much that I bought a digital version of the Deluxe version and a physical copy of the standard version. If you like pop rock music that is on the cusp of not being classified as pop music, then this is the album to listen to. Overall, they made a fan out of me.
Rating: 5 One Direction Members out of 5
Click here to Read about how you can’t compare 5SOS to One Direction
Have an opinion on the album or the band? Let us know in the comments below!
Ever since they hit the scene, 5 Seconds of Summer has been compared to their British counterparts One Direction. This has caused a hoopla of fan wars between the Directioners and….the 5SOS Family that end up comparing the two and it a little like verbal carnage, but on the inter webs. So we decided to put together a list a reasons that they aren’t the same and incomparable (yes, we will be stating the obvious-a lot). Before we start this list, it’s should be noted that we are neither Directioners nor apart of the 5SOS Family, which sounds like a mafia.
Reasons that One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer are incomparable:
- They are from two different countries- While their accents sounds striking similar to the untrained ear, 5SOS and 1D are from two different regions of the world. 5SOS is from Australia mate while 1D are from jolly o’ England.
- They aren’t enough band members to make an exact comparison- 5SOS is made up of four guys and 1D is made up of five. While 5SOS suggest there is enough, there isn’t enough people to correct compare the members. You will have to either wait until Harry Styles to pull a Ginger Spice and leave the band or wait until 1D forgets Niall somewhere.
- They have different styles of music- 1D is more teeny bopper pop while 5SOS is like Good Charlotte and is pop punk. One thinks that they are punk while the other kinda really is pop. It’s like comparing the Rolling Stones to Cher.
- They are in different stages of their careers- 1D has been around for like years now while 5SOS got their break pretty recently. Did you compare Britney Spears to Madonna back in 1998? No, then why should compare them like that?
- They are different ages- 1D is older than 5SOS. You can’t compare different age groups because one is obviously going to have more experiences than other, especially when they both are bands.
- They got their big breaks from different mediums- 1D got their break from the UK’s X Factor while 5SOS got their break from YouTube and other social media.
- They have different styles- 5SOS look like what their music is: rockers. 1D kinda looks like they are trying to be like that but are being suppressed by their label to still be the same boys that they were back in 2010. 5SOS can do something Ozzy Osbourne (and One Direction) isn’t able to do anymore: Multitask on stage. 5SOS also plays their owns instruments and don’t need a backup band to play as they sing.
- They have different lives- 5SOS lives a pretty much carefree style of living while 1D looks like they are about ready to cry all the time because they hate the music that they are putting out. How can you compare sadness to happiness?
- They have different names- 5SOS’ names are easier to spell while 1D’s name you have to google search them to make sure you are spelling them right.
Hopefully these reasons helped you to see the light that it’s really hard to compare band that are so different.
Have an opinion on the 5SOS vs 1D fan feuds? Leave it in the comments below