It’s that time of year where many seniors and 18+ graduation either from high school or some sort of higher education. It’s a joyous and yet sad time because it’s starts a new chapter in your life. Today I’m going to break down the Top 5ive graduation songs so that you have one less thing to worry about because #Icare. Inside of long ass paragraphs about how the songs will hit you emotionally. I’ll just let excerpts of the song hit you instead 🙂
5. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
I’ll spread my wings, and I’ll learn how to fly. I’ll do what it takes till I touch the sky. And I’ll make a wish, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway. Out of the darkness and into the sun, but I won’t forget all the ones that I love.
4. The Climb by Miley Cyrus
There’s always gonna be another mountain, I’m always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I’m gonna have to lose. Ain’t about fast I get there, Ain’t about what’s waitin’ on the other side. It’s the climb.
3. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
Staring at the blank page before you. Open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it. Release your inhibitions.
2. Graduation (Friends forever) by Vitamin C
As we go on, we remember. All the time we had together. And as our lives change, come whatever. We will still be Friends Forever.
1.Good Riddence (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
So take the photographs and still frames in your mind. Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time. Tattos of memories and dead skin on trial. For what it’s woth, it was worth all the while. It’s something unpredictable but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life
With it being the time of year for graduation, I thought that I would share a list of tips on how to survive life after college. Here is that list:
- Don’t freak out if it isn’t to your plan – Everyone has a dream of what life will be after you graduate. You will move out of your parent’s house, get your dream job right away, and living life to the fullest. More than likely, this won’t happen…at least all of it. You may get your dream job but you’ll still be in your parent’s house or the living on your own but don’t have a dream job. It will be fine. Plans are just plans and aren’t set in stone. Make the best out of every situation. You’ll find get to your plan eventually, just enjoy the ride.
- “What are you doing here?” – Be ready to hear this question many times if you aren’t automatically working in your field/major. There is no shame in a starter job and they are honestly just curious about your future. No matter how annoying the question can, just answer it truthfully and smile.
- It’s okay if you don’t go into your field – It’s okay if you decide to not go into your field/major at all. You will still get good use of your education in one way or another, but don’t feel like you are wasting away however much debt you are in. Like your life plan, things change like you have. You changed and realized that it wasn’t for you. Realizing it before it’s too late is the most adult thing one can do.
- Student Loans is a horrible invention – Student loans suck. They suck up all your money to the point where you are stuck living at home. If you learn early on how to manage them, you will be fine. Paying them off will only make your look better down the line when you can get your own place/car. Just think of them as the payments to freedom.
These are the just the main points. They will differ for each person. Hopefully, this list will help.
Have any tips for future grads? Let us know in the comments below