It’s the most wonderful time of the year
If you are like me, you cannot stand Christmas music. Like, why do we need to have 50 different versions of the same song? Sure, some are WAY better than others but still. How many times do you want to hear “Jingle Bells?” Probably only once. I personally never heard of anyone that just loves hear every single version of “Jingle Bell.” If you have, I wouldn’t associate with them anymore because they may or may not be a serial killer. Because of my “love” for Christmas music, I thought I would share my top five favorite Christmas songs that don’t make me want to shove a candy cane into my ear so far that they puncture my eardrums. That was graphic. Here’s a gif from “Mean Girls” that also will help you go into the Holiday spirit. Fun fact: Every time I hear “Jingle Bell Rock,” I do the thigh slap when it comes in the dance.
5. “Santa Claus lane” by Hilary Duff
While it’s not the greatest technically sounding sound, it is catchy as fuck. It’s was made early on in Hilary’s career, and while you can tell, it’s still good enough to get stuck in your head for days upon days. It was just all clean and wholesome fun. It’s sad that we have to reminisce about a clean and wholesome christmas song. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” is such a kinky song. If you really try, “Santa Claus Lane” could also be an extremely dirty song. I’ll you pondering that.
4. “Greatest Time of Year” by Aly & AJ
Let’s be real for a moment, Aly & AJ are the unsung goddesses of mid 2000s Disney. You really don’t hear about them when people think back the “good ole days” of Disney. “Greatest Time of Year” is just more to reasons why they are the best. It’s just a Christmas song that isn’t a Christmas. You can listen to it anytime of year and it will just put you in a happy mood. It just the best. Man, I’m so glad that they are back.
3. “It’s Not Christmas Without You” by Cast of ‘VICTORiOUS’
“VICTORiOUS” is literally the greatest Nickelodeon show that has ever graced our Television. When it’s on, it never gets old because of how it was written and how amazing the cast was. This song is just another reason for that because it’s a bop. You have killer vocals from a future Carrington, a future Grammy nominee….and Victoria Justice. I highly recommend this song if you are wanting something that isn’t slightly depressing. Most Christmas songs just sound depressing.
2. “Jolly to the Core” by Cast of ‘Descendants’
Never heard of this one? Well, that’s probably a good thing. This song is a Christmas version of the theme of the first “Descendants” movie, “Rotten to the Core.” It’s actually an extremely well done. Most times when people do this, it’s a shit show. This isn’t a shit show. It’s quite the opposite. It’s so catchy and is such a departure from its dubstep and EDM counterpart, it a breath of fresh air. Whoever thought of this way to milk more money out of the “Descendants” movie was a genius.
1. “All I Want For Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey
You really can’t hate this song because it’s fucking Mariah before she got all 50 shades of cray. It’s a catchy song and you can’t tell me you don’t queen out when she hit that’s whistle note that she’s so famous for. This song is just everything. It’s not overplayed, at least this version. We aren’t even going to get into the version she did with Bieber. It wasn’t bad but it just has so much wrong with it. I miss this MiMi.
Leave your thoughts in the comments below. Make sure you follow me on Twitter for more holiday cheer.
Let’s talk about the Mariah Carey and the infamous performance she had on New Year’s Eve. Originally, I wasn’t going to talk about this mess because 1) I couldn’t find a good quality video and 2) It’s too much over publicized. But it just keeps getting juicy so why not add to the media coverage. So let’s talk about it now because it’s was a trainwreck that could have been avoid and well, it’s the biggest story in the states right now.
Here’s the bulletpoints….and there’s a lot:
- Mimi performed at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest. The performance was glitchy and the most enjoyable part of NYRE, mainly because it’s like a carwreck, you can’t help but stare, and that NYRE is a borefest.
- During the performance, she stood around and chatted with the audience. She made comments about not being able to hear and tried to continue on with the performance. It was extremely awkward.
- Social Media blew up with it and the next day, it was the most talk about thing as most people called it “the final death of 2016.”
- Mimi’s team’s put out a statement saying that they told Dick Clark Production about her earpiece not working. According to Team Mimi, they just said ehh suck it up. Then they wanted to release a joint statement to but we all know that didn’t happen.
- Team DCP,which sounds like a dance group, took to the offense and pretty much blamed Team Mimi and said “As the premier producer of live television events for nearly 50 years, we pride ourselves on our reputation and long-standing relationships with artists. To suggest that dcp, as producer of music shows including the American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, New Year’s Rockin’ Eve and Academy of Country Music Awards, would ever intentionally compromise the success of any artist is defamatory, outrageous and frankly absurd.”
Mariah has pretty much handling the situation like a champ. While I personally believe that there is more the story that both sides are willing to say, she’s pretty much accepting that it happens and moving on. The only thing Mariah wanted was an apologize. Which, she kind of deserves one.
Even if it’s her fault, they produced her performance. They should have done more to prevent the performance from being seen. They should have cut it. They could have saved her from all the crap and the jokes she’s been taking on the chin. But like I said, it’s probably both parties fault but we will never truly know.
Have an opinion on the article? Let us know in the comments below or tweet @Steven_Kaufman
After a decade on the air, “American Idol” will be ending it’s decade run on FOX after it airs its 15th season next year. But this really isn’t a shocker due to the lackluster ratings and it being a huge suck fest for years. Can you name the last good season of American Idol? Can you name the recent winners? We can somewhat name the judges because of there is always so much drama between them and the American Idol judges seems to be the island of misfit judges.
There judges never seemed to make sense after the original three judges, which slightly made more sense because two of them where producers and one danced with a cartoon cat in the 80’s. They also blended well with each other. Their personalities complimented each other perfectly. Simon Cowell was brash, Paula Abdul was the kind one, and Randy Jackson was the calm relaxed one. Simon and Paula got into fights while Randy told everyone “Yo, dawg! That was tight, really tight!” It was magic–pure magic. That is one of the reason Idol lost it’s spark.
I hope the final season is something like “The Battle of the Idols” where all the previous idols compete for the title of “the American Idol.” That would be hardcore.